Get Wet and Come Swim with the Big Sharks Every Saturday, May through June!
What it is: Get comfortable in the open water and/or practice you swim technique in a lake within the St. Louis Metro area! Each Open Water Swim will take place every Saturday Morning from May 3rd through June 28th. Lake will be open for participants from 8:00 am – 10:00 am. Come join us each Saturday and swim as many laps as you like. For sighting and safety we will have buoys in place. Each OWS session will be staffed by Backyard Lifeguards and be accompanied by additional programming. Please note- this is a USAT insured event, as is the Triathlon and the Splash and Dash- participants will be required to purchase a 1-Day or Annual USAT license that is not included in the fee to swim. If you plan on doing several OWS events- please consider the annual license.
Where: The lake is located at New Town in St. Charles and is a very similar swim course as used in the Motion Orthopaedic Newtown Triathlon. The perimeter course is .62 miles and in most areas you can touch the bottom.
Cost: $15.00 per session. Special wetsuit rental rates is $10.00 per session (2 rental payments can be applied to purchase). Fee structure covers venue, event sanctioning, professional lifeguards, equipment, programming and support.
GO BIG Triathlon Training Group: Bundle all of the events and way more and join the GO BIG Triathlon Training Group
Support: Big Shark Bicycle Company will have a rental wetsuit fleet on site every week. For athletes who would like to run or ride after the OWS we will be providing an on site bicycle mechanic as well as a ride and run leader for post swim brick training.
Pre-Season Wetsuit Sale: Blue Seventy Wetsuits if offering a special purchase window on all of their suits from April 12th through May 17th. All special order suits will be 20% off. For more information and to arrange a fitting click here.
- May 3rd- Wetsuit Clinic sponsored by 2XU. Free 2XU wetsuit demos and education. Backyard Lifeguards will provide an orientation and safety clinic.
- May 10th- Wetsuit Clinic sponsored by 2XU and Blue Seventy. Free fleet demos.
- May 17th- Wetsuit Clinic sponsored by Blue Seventy. Free fleet demos.
- May 24th- Performance Bike Clinic Sponsored by the Coaches from Pedal Hard, Big Shark Bicycle Company and SRAM
- May 31st- Wetsuit Clinic sponsored by Blue Seventy. Transition Clinic with Former Professional Triathlete Joe Company
- June 7th- Kid’s Triathlon Transition Clinic sponsored by Z3 and Nutriformance. Backyard Lifeguards will host a kid’s clinic in the Cove. Kid’s registration is half price. And… the PRORehab Endurance Project will lead a seminar on injury prevention at 9:30am. PRORehab will also demonstrate foam rolling and recovery techniques.
- June 14th- Swim Skins Clinic and Demo sponsored by Blue Seventy.
- June 21st- Splash and Dash Training Race
- June 28th- Newtown Triathlon Race Preparation Clinic
Splash and Dash Training Race Information: Join us for a Splash and Dash training competition on Saturday, June 21st at the Open Water Swim Series. Dial up your training and get ready for the Main Event.
Register for the Splash and Dash On Site or HERE:
- Distances: .62Mile Swim (1K) and a 2.6 Mile Run.
- Race Day Registration from 6:15am until 7:15am.
- Cost is $25.00. (will include post race open Water Swim until 10:00am)
- Location- New Town Lake, New Town at St. Charles
- Start: 7:30am
- Amenities!- Swim Course marked by Buoys, Professional Life Guards, Run course is flat and fasssst. Wetsuits available for demo for a modest rental fee to cover any wetsuit repair costs incurred.
- Check out last year’s 2013 SPLASH N’ DASH RESULTS! ; PHOTOS BY JASON BAILEY
New Town at St. Charles: www.newtownatstcharles.com
For more information on the open water swim series please contact firstname.lastname@example.org