Overview: This program is geared toward athletes competing in their first or second triathlon. However it is beneficial for people of all fitness levels. A team of seasoned triathletes and professionals will work along side participants throughout the course of the training program. The calendar of events AND included facility, event and training cost are all bundled into a $300 program that includes some BIG values. Limited to 50 athletes.
The Package: A comprehensive 10 Week Training Program with a “Team” of experts providing guidance throughout the training program beginning Wednesday, April 12th, and culminates with the New Town Triathlon on July 9th, 2017. The GO BIG training program includes a special team apparel purchase prior to the start of the program, Race Entry ($85), All Open Water Swims ($135), Pedal Hard Training and Testing ($60) and over 20 training opportunities, seminars and clinics. The estimated total value of the program ($600+) far exceeds the $300 participant cost.
The Activities:Organized group trainings every week of the Training Program.
Download the Training Calendar:2015 GO BIG Triathlon Training Calendar
- Informational Meeting @ Big Shark Big Bend April 6th, 7:00pm
- Informational Meeting @ Big Shark WEST April 7th, 7:00pm
- 7 “FitBrick” Training Sessions Organized by Nutriformance/Athletic Republic Endurance Coaching, Weekly beginning on May 18th through July 2nd. Participants will arrive at 6:00pm and proceed to complete the first component of the FitBrick session as scheduled. The second segment of the FitBrick will consist of a stretch/core session. Several nutrition clinics will be scheduled in addition, lead by one of Nutriformance’s sports nutritionists. If participants see the necessity to use the first part of the FitBrick as either a short bike or run prior to core/stretch, this is an option and routes will be provided.
- Wednesday Evenings at 6:00pm- Fit Bricks, Conditioning and Flexibility. Clinics: May 21- Nutrition for Training, July 6- Race Week through Race Day Nutrition.
- Hosted by Big Shark at the Open Water Swims– 8 Open Water Swim Sessions at Newtown with run and ride options.
- 3 Group Sessions to review your training progress, discuss triathlon-specific gear and its performance benefits, nutrition plan, and race day fundamentals. In stores TBA.
- May 9 Intro to Triathlon Running Clinic Training Program members meet at 8 am in the transition area at the west side of the lake for a 25 minute discussion covering the run leg of a triathlon.
- May 30 Course Preview Run Training Program Members meet at 9:30 am in the transition area at the west side of the lake to gather for a group run previewing one loop (2 miles) of the New Town Triathlon run course. You
may certainly add on additional distance after the group has completed the loop of the course.
Please complete your swim prior to 9:30 am.
- June 13 Run Workout Training Program members meet at 9:30 am in the transition area at the west side of the lake to gather for a run workout designed to dial in your trispecific race pace. Please complete your swim prior to 9:30 am.
- June 27 Course Preview Run Training Program members meet at 9:30 am in the transition area at the west side of the lake to gather for a group run previewing the full New Town Triathlon run course (two loops, totaling 4
miles). You may certainly add on additional distance after the group has completed the course.
Please complete your swim prior to 9:30 am.
- Two workouts to be scheduled independently at the training center. www,pedalhard.com/stlouis
- Workout # 1- Pedal Hard’s professional coaches will run you through a workout to evaluate your cycling fitness and pedaling efficiency.
- Workout #2- The coaches will run you through a 20 Minute Power Test. After this class the coaches will set your training levels and give you guidance as to how best to get in good cycling shape for your triathlon.
- June 22nd @ High Noon. Race Day Performance Clinic
- @ Big Shark Bicycle Company– 10% discount on bicycles and 15% discount on most gear, clothing, and nutrition at all Big Shark locations.
- @ Nutriformance will provide incentives to the training team members in the form of free classes which the individual participant can schedule independently.
- @ Big River Running Company– Program members receive 15% off total purchase* at any Big River Running
location May 16 – 18. (*Some exclusions apply)
- @ Blue Seventy Wetsuits – 20% Sale through May 17th
We welcome your questions!
Big Shark Triathlon Contact: email@example.com
Pedal Hard Training Center Scheduling: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nutriformance Endurance Coaching: email@example.com